Friday, June 24, 2011

Words, Worth : Weekly Roundup


"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." - Henry James, 1934 
This was one of those weeks that I couldn't be happier to watch fade into the weekend. My big plans including comparing bedroom paint colors, attempting strawberry coulis and tucking into Gabrielle Hamilton's gorgeous memoir. Here's Words, worth's weekly roundup:
For particularly sentimental readers (like myself), finishing a great book is like losing a friend. Smart site What Should I Read Next? minimizes the panic.  
$65, Chance

Though we're still plagued by June gloom here in So Cal, this punchy statement towel sends the right message. 
$7, LetterBox Co.

These utilitarian cuties speak to my inner Harriet the Spy. And I could spend hours on LetterBox Co.'s par avion-inspired site!
$6.50, VintageGarden, Etsy

As an apartment dwelling gal, I sometimes fantasize about a space with gardens and greenery. A low-maintenance basil plant I.D.'d by one of these sweet plant markers  should work in the meantime! 
$38, Diptyque Baume Généreux, Barney's    

One of my favorite gifts from thoughtful girlfriends. In addition to having the sleekest packaging and a delightful Elizabethan-inspired monogram, Diptyque's luxe hand balm smoothes scaly hands and smells like heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment